Friday, July 31, 2009

Celtic Thunder

WOW. We watched the new Celtic Thunder concert on PBS last night, complete with pledge breaks, and again it was wonderful. Young Damian's voice has plummeted from the 14-year olds high pitched but mellow sound to a baritone. That was a surprise. Many of the favorites from the first concert we heard were brought back and the repetition was welcome. If you have never heard them go to their website and listen to the generous video that is posted there. http://celticthunder.ie/index.php

Music has always been so important to me. I only regret that I gave up playing music as an adult - although a 61 year old drummer probably isn't in high demand! The piano though is another story. When I practice, which is rare, I scare the cats to death. The sound fills up our cathedral ceilinged living room and even if you aren't playing well, it sounds pretty good in that resonating chamber.

Last weekend I installed powered speakers for my computer which allows me to blast my favorite music at the decibels I prefer. Much of my digital music library was lost in transitioning to the new computer, so some rebuilding will be in order as time permits.

We will be going to the Celtic Thunder concert in Atlanta, and although it is hard to believe that it could be better in person, at least it will not be interrupted by pledge breaks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home