Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Letting go...


I have a confession and I want to share it with those of you who may understand. I have trouble letting go of my flower arrangements.

Yesterday I made six arrangements for my garden club's Christmas luncheon and I was very fond of them. It was hard to give them away. Did they go to someone who would appreciate them? Were they good enough to give to someone else? Will the flowers hold up? What about the maypop? I never used maypop before. Will it be wilted tonight?

At home I have the same problem. The Thanksgiving cornucopia that I was so pleased with is looking pretty shabby, but it hasn't been thrown out yet. It should be, but it hasn't. I removed the wilted chrysanthemums. The leaves have been rearranged to hide the bare spots. Soon we will have to blow the dust off if I don't remove it to make way for something fresh.

Photographs make it a little easier to part with them. The special arrangements will stay with me digitally speaking.

I used to think it was because I had cut the material from the plants in my garden, and having raised and pampered the plants, I was a little attached. But even bought flowers have the same effect. Is there a 12-step program for this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home