Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Did you ever just want to talk?

I think there are people out there who want to talk with someone about their hobby. People with questions. People with answers. I would like to add a message board to the site for that purpose, but let's start slowly. How about a blog? You can respond and people can respond to your response.

I had a call yesterday from a woman who was looking for monkey puzzle vine for her arrangements. I was able to find a designer in Florida who advised that it has been declared an endangered plant and so is no longer sold. It used to come from Costa Rica. Being endangered means it also can't be sold by people who already own it. Like ivory, this creates a trade in the material which may encourage others to poach it. Yep - plants get poached too.

Flower arrangers are usually gardeners in my experience. We started digging in the dirt and then wanted to bring our gardens inside. I wanted to enjoy my garden no matter what the temperature or the weather, so arranging seemed like the perfect answer.

My only frustration was with the limited access I had to all the toys available. The local "big box" had floral foam and some styrofoam and that's it. I wanted more. I live in a major metro area and have lots of places to shop and still couldn't find everything I wanted. So it occured to me that there must be arrangers all over the country - many of whom do not live next to dozens of stores - who would also want these things. So I built a website:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home